You may be shocked to find that North America boasts only a small number of shipyards and builders that offer finely finished aluminum boats and yachts. With over a quarter century of vision, perseverance, and a tireless drive for perfection, ProJekt Boatworks is a collaboration between Coastal Craft and Jasper Marine to develop innovative and high-quality products for the recreational markets. DLBA Naval Architects is thrilled to develop the details behind the design of the new ProJekt 54. This exciting new aluminum boat is sure to garner attention, as it combines the best attributes from both builders into a single package.
Some of the key features the ProJekt 54 boasts are:
- Volvo Penta IPS Propulsion with an anticipated top speed of 35 knots
- A two stateroom and two head layout that provides space and convenience.
- Novel features which include actuated deckhouse windows and an anchor handing system that disappears seamlessly when not in use
- An enclosed helm area with excellent visibility and high-capacity air conditioning system to keep guests cool when enjoying fun in the sun
- Tender garage to house a small RIB and other toys on aft deck
- Thoughtfully designed to meet ISO, ABYC, and Transport Canada guidelines
The ProJekt 54 design is wrapping up with aluminum scheduled for cutting very soon. This notable build highlights the latest design features including a combination of tried-and-true build practices as well as some fresh new approaches. This custom design will be sure to turn heads both at the dock and while
cruising effortlessly on plane. A collaboration like this, between DLBA Naval Architects, Coastal Craft, and Jasper Marine is exciting, and hopefully only the first of many moving forward.
To learn more about ProJeKt Boatworks click here.
Image Courtesy: DLBA